Ask the PUG!!!!!!
Can any more events, parties, book fairs, get togethers …. be squished into the 4 weeks before December’s Christmas!!!!!!
It’s on … we’re heading for the turkey and an almighty crash!
Diary of November 2013:-
– Celebrations of Hazel Edwards receiving an Order of Australia – YEAH!
– MC for SCBWI’s INSIDE STORY with our loved authors & illustrators at The Children’s Book Beecroft telling the inside story of creating their books including Deborah Abela, Tony Flowers, Yvette Poshoglian, Jan Latta, Christopher Cheng and more.
– Lunch with assistant editor of School Magazine – LOVE Sue Murray – a talented playwright as well as editor
– Sharon Rundle editor and friend and I went off to the launch of ‘A Country Too Far’ at Glee Books- caught up with professor Elizabeth Webby and Tom Keneally, Rosie Scott and others.
– brilliant theatre at the opening at The Ensemble of ‘Rapture Blister Burn’
– catching up with my favourite actor Tim McGarry to talk about the I AM JACK USA tour for 2014
– Society of Women Writers’ at the State Library – lunch and collect a prize for ‘Ships in the Field’ – lovely
– Christmas celebrations at the CBCA lunch Northern Branch – catching up with children’s laureate Alison Lester and fabulous illustrator Sarah Davis
-Unleased Writers Festival in Sydney – loved speaking about the journey of writing with the audience
– post Unleashed Festival shared the book industry over dinner with publisher Paul Collins and author James Roy
– I’m the prize on e-bay for the UNLEASHED FESTIVAL! Talented author Mo Johnson won me – well a mini mentorship!
– Caught up with Sue Meyer at the Francis Keevil Gallery to se Sue’s beautiful art
– dinner with my wonderful publisher Lisa Berryman from HarperCollins to share news and my new book JACK 4 – yet untitled!
– coffee with Jesse Blackadder – love her last book STAY the last dog in Antartica -at The Hughenden who’s down in Sydney for a minute meeting her publishers
– my darling friend Kim’s 40th birthday
– the Australian Publisher Association party – sooo good and caught up with the HarperCollins team there.
– speaking at my old school Daceyville’s Creative Writing Festival – aaahhhhh – memories
– Books in Homes committee meeting selecting books for indigenous & disadvantaged kids – great charity
– launching Margaret Roc’s ‘Jellybean Goes to School’ at the Lindfield Learning Hub – lots of jellybeans and love Margaret
– the SCBWI BOOK FAIR at The Hughenden with some of our best ever authors like Sopgie Masson. kate Forsyth, Belinda Murrell, Deborah Abela and the lsit goes on.
– at the BOOK FAIR supporting ROOM TO READ www.roomtoread.org – loved seeing Jennie Orchard, Wendy Rapee, Cathy and Margaret and the Room to Read team.
– MC for Susan Wyndham’s talk on her book she edited and contributed to ‘My Mother. my Father’ (Allen & Unwin) with authors Margaret Rice and Gerard Windsor – such great wrietrs at The Hughenden. Buy the book for Christmas.
Phew – that’s November!